Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Study: Atheists Know the Most About Religion

~









A new survey by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life found that most religious Americans don't know shit about their own religions. Sample fun finding: "A majority of Protestants, for instance, couldn't identify Martin Luther as the driving force behind the Protestant Reformation."



WRH's Commentary:

Of course we know more about religion. We studied it. That's why we are atheists!

When I was a small boy living in New Hampshire farming country, I attended the local congregational church and sang in the choir. As a gift for singing in the choir I was given a bible. That was their big mistake, because I read the thing, cover to cover. And I started asking questions. And that was when I was asked to leave!





~

No comments: